- Salary:From $32 per hour and up
- Sign-on bonus:$5,000 for permanent, full-time positions
- Department: Skilled Nursing
- Schedule: Full time, day 7AM-3:30PM, evening 3PM-11:30PM and night 11PM-7:30AM shifts available
- Facility: Carroll Manor
- Location: Washington, DC
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
Provide direct nursing care to patients in the long term care setting in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Must be licensed in Washington, DC
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Living is a nationally recognized non-profit senior living provider offering rewarding career opportunities in numerous locations across 11 states and Washington D.C. As part of our Independent Living, Assisted Living, Short-term Rehabilitation, Memory Support or Long-term Care teams, you will be empowered to provide compassionate, personalized care and develop lasting relationships with our residents and their loved ones.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 134,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Senior Living will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish)poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.