We are currently seeking a Sr Lab Planner tojoin our team. As a Sr Lab Planner,you are responsible for leading the laboratory project planning effort toward the successful completion of complex technology facilities; provides overall programming, master planning, lab design planning; communicates with clients/user groups to understand project requirements.
- Oversees and advanced technical knowledge in the laboratory planning and programming of various-sized pharmaceutical, academic research, biotech, or other emerging technical facilities.
- Oversees technical planning expertise and leadership for laboratory facilities in the areas of programming, design, fit-out planning, equipment planning, MEP systems integration planning casework specification and construction administration
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
- Leads in the design development, modification and/or review of laboratory planning concepts and solutions.
- Leads in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
- Develops and oversees architectural drawings and specifications to communicate planning concepts for project documentation and construction.
- Oversees and supervises the development of architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc.
- Anticipates and develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Oversees the construction administration of the laboratory spaces and associated systems.
- Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project. Will lead this effort.
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with existing and potential clients. Participates in selected marketing and business development opportunities.
- Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of laboratories within technical facilities.
- Oversees the development of standard materials that describe the portfolio, systems, processes and people of the Science + Technology Group.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may participate in professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Actively participates in industry associations to ensure visibility.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Leads the client (heads of departments, specialists, etc.) in programming sessions defining the facility needs (SOP and regulatory requirements).
- Leads periodic project meetings and presentations; ensures client is adequately briefed on project progress.
- Provides guidance to project managers, architects, and project engineers to establish overall project budgets and milestone schedules.
- Communicates planning concepts to project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
- Assists Science + Technology business unit leadership to develop yearly strategic business plans and budget; focusing on appropriate market sectors and strategies for winning and doing work successfully.
- Participates actively in the firm-wide Science + Technology practice within HOK.
- Sets up project team software parameters and manages standards.
- May oversee preparation of 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.