What are some of the benefits and perks of working at MathWorks
- 401(k) matching
- Quarterly profit-sharing plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Fitness and Recreation
- Wellness center
- Training and Development
- Relocation Assistance Provided
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More: https://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/resources/hybrid-model.html.
Are you passionate about programming in MATLAB and sharing that passion with others We are seeking a proactive individual to articulate the benefits of MathWorks solutions for data analytics and technical computing. Join the growing MathWorks DC office in support of engineers and scientists across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern United States.
As an Application Engineer, you will act as a link between MathWorks and our user community. You will foster relationships with end-users to understand the challenges in their engineering process. You will collaborate with a MathWorks team spanning Sales, Marketing, and Development to demonstrate the benefits of including MATLAB in the customer’s process of designing, developing, and deploying a solution. Application Engineers have the opportunity to develop technical expertise in many MathWorks products, expand their industry knowledge, work on cross functional teams, and advance into leadership roles throughout the MathWorks.
MathWorks nurtures growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
- Engage with our customers to understand their project goals and recommend effective technical solutions
- Develop and present proofs-of-concept in MATLAB to prospective customers to demonstrate how the software would satisfy their project requirements
- Deliver seminars that build awareness of the capabilities and value of our products and services
- Partner with Marketing to create compelling examples of MATLAB in action
- Build long-term relationships with strategic government and regional users of MATLAB to ensure their continued success with MathWorks solutions
- Partner with Sales to serve as a trusted advisor to key customers, helping to address their critical technology and business issues
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer trends and feedback
- Degree(s) in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to spend 20-35% of time on overnight domestic travel with trips generally no longer than four days
- Willingness to commute to an office in Chevy Chase, MD two days per week when not on travel
- Experience analyzing and visualizing large, complex data sets
- Experience with statistics and/or numerical optimization
- Experience developing software applications for colleagues or customers
- Experience writing object-oriented software
- Experience with version control software and continuous integration
- Experience developing and delivering technical presentations
- Experience working with customers or counterparts outside your organization
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Experience with MATLAB