JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
- Safely and efficiently operate and monitor ALL building systems.
- Assist the team in maintaining compliance with the Operations audit policy and procedures. Demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with the audit program.
- Provide support to the Chief Engineer on all standard JLL initiatives such as 4Sight, Operations Audit, IPMP, Energy Star, etc.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of the base building systems
- Identify system performance deficiencies and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Ensure an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building.
- Protect and improve the value of the owner’s asset and ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their expected life through proper maintenance procedure.
- Assist the Chief Engineer in managing contract work by becoming familiar with and enforcing the scope of services and the building standard rules and regulations.
- Understand the preventive maintenance and work order system for the building and complete assigned tasks completely, including completion of WO or PM ticket.
- Develop a complete knowledge of all building machinery, equipment, and systems.
- Complete training as assigned aimed at safety and expanding the capabilities of all engineering team members.
- Work with the Chief Engineer to manage all tenant and capital improvement construction projects from construction document review to project closeout and completion.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Assist Management team with emergency situations (e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, hazardous conditions) and take appropriate actions.
- Perform maintenance and monitoring repairs to the mechanical, plumbing, structural, control, and fire, life and safety systems to keep building systems up to applicable standards.
- Operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements.
- Willing to learn and teach/mentor teammates
- Potentially work weekends/overtime as needed
- DC 3rd Class License
- Universal CFC certification
- 5+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering and maintenance supervision.
- 3+ years of maintenance management experience.
- Ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
- Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
On-site –Washington, DC
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits, include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
We’re JLLa leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 102,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people, and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation, and succeed together.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Uspage > I want to work for JLL.