QTC is seeking a Nurse Practitioner in one of the listed clinic locations, to provide the occupational and disability health exams, review medical history and associated records, interpret clinical data, complete written reports and generate independent medical opinions.
At QTC, the nation’s largest provider of disability and occupational health examination services, we are PASSIONATE about our country’s veterans, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference.
To provide high-quality, timely, and customer-focused medical examination service solutions, we honor our core values of integrity, innovation, agility, collaboration, inclusion and commitment. We celebrate diverse thinking and welcome contributions from all.
We offer meaningful and engaging careers to support you and your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance, and we are proud to provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains the best talent:
- Competitive compensation and quarterly bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- A 50% company match of your pre- and post-tax contributions up to 6% of your salary, including immediate vesting of company contributions
- Generous paid time off (minimum of 14 days/year), as well as 9 paid holidays
- Access to flexible benefits, including health and wellness programs, long and short term disability, an employee assistance program, employee referral bonuses, credit union access and flexible spending accounts
- An inclusive and ethical work place
In this rewarding role, you will:
- Occupational health exams to include pre-and post-employment and annual physicals
- Generalist approach to multi-system disability evaluations includes evaluations of conditions specific to the military operational environment like Gulf War and Prisoner of War.
- Most examinations are in-person evaluations, but some may be completed virtually or by medical record review only.
- General Aid and Attendance or Housebound physical examinations
- Completion of Veterans Benefits Administration Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs) and questionnaires for other clients
- Provide primary medical evaluations to include, but are not limited to, patient assessment and medical record review.
- Initial review and interpretation of laboratory, pulmonary function, and ECG studies
- Order and administer medications, including vaccines
- Order diagnostic studies as indicated
- Provide primary medical evaluations to include, but are not limited to, initial review of laboratory, pulmonary function, and ECG studies Documentation of examinee records in appropriate systems
- Collaboration with other professional and support staff as needed and communicate with internal and client team members in determining the most effective and evidence-based way forward on behalf of the examinee population
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Ideally, you will:
- Have the ability to travel 30%
- Demonstrates compassion and professionalism and a commitment to providing excellent service and care
- From a primary care perspective, be able to fully assess the examinee's health status through physical examinations.
- Excellent interpersonal manner and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative, best proactive, and informed standard of care-centric, decision-making skills
- Able to work independently
- Analytical ability necessary to evaluate and determine medical opinions
- Technically competent with computers/tablets to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and using Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Unrestricted State medical licensure without limitations to perform full scope of authorized practice
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree required
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience
- Specialty/sub-specialty clinical experience is also valued but not required.
- Experience conducting occupational/disability medical examinations preferred but not required.
- $120,000-$125,000 annually with 30% bonus potential
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and describes the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and creating a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. The company recruits hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
- 7 - 12 years: Relevant Professional Experience
- High School Diploma or better
- GED or better
- Masters or better in Nursing
- Electronic Medical Records
- MS Office
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals