Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today! To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below to find your next career!
Reston, VA / Atlanta, GA
We are currently seeking a Sr. Director of Engineering & Construction and Munitions Remediation. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the overall welfare of this business unit and reports directly to the Acuity Chief Executive Officer. The candidate will actively support and uphold the Company’s vision, mission, and values.
- Guide multiple projects and multiple teams operationally in each phase including pre-construction, design, construction, closeout, and post-construction services
- Develop and maintain client and industry relationships reinforcing commitment to continuously addressing client needs and interests
- Promote a collaborative philosophy with all subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and project team members
- Develop and execute the long-term business plan of this business unit.
- Oversee business development activities with emphasis placed on strategic growth based on market trends
- Overseeing pre-construction activities such estimating, subcontractor identification and prequalification’s
- Directs and coordinates estimating functions of the company to ensure accuracy, profitability, and competitive edge.
- Manage, coach, mentor and retain top talent; hire new talent to promote growth and innovation. Places emphasis on continuing education to keep up with industry trends, i.e., LEAN Construction, LEED, BIM, Modular Construction
- Providing leadership in safety, following the company’s safety culture, best practices, and procedures
- Directly involved in managing job cost analysis on all projects to ensure consistent profitability on all jobs, and to identify and make improvements where needed.
- Responsible for the execution of the company’s strategic goals in line with the company’s Vision and the outlined direction and budgets of the company.
- Creates the structure and processes necessary to manage the organization's current activities and its projected growth through the design, development and implementation of Departmental policies and procedures with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Manages and assists in the smooth and efficient flow of information through all departments.
- Directly accountable for P&L, client relations, and operations management.
- Oversees and monitors purchasing activities of materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance (Top Secret)
- BS in Construction Management, Building Science, Engineering, Architecture or Environmental Engineering is preferred but is not mandatory if there is relevant experience
- 20+ years of construction experience with emphasis on self-perform, OCONUS Federal construction projects or combined MMRP/UXO and Environmental Engineering (Wastewater, asbestos, HTRW, etc.)
- 10+ years in design-build construction experience, preferably on DOS/OBO projects
- 10+ years in intermediate to advanced experience with munitions and environmental project management
- Building win strategies for single-award programs and IDIQs aligned with Acuity’s strengths in CM
- Proven ability to contribute to value engineering as part of the design process and or munitions remediation projects both CONUS and OCONUS
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects and oversight programs
- Knowledge of civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, exterior building systems, interior finish construction systems, and mechanical and electrical systems, and associated costs.
- Oversee the development and implementation of solutions to munitions and environment problems - Perform site inspections/investigations as necessary, collecting, processing, and evaluating data collected - Work with specialized teams, consisting of environmental scientists, hydrologists, geologists, and various engineers as necessary - Interpret permits and other environmental documents, and develop compliance assurance plans and inspection procedures as required
- Winning Construction Lifecyle Management Task Orders for work performed with/for USACE, NAVFAC, US DOS, US DoE
- To include developing key relationships with commercial service providers (Fluor, Gilbane or similar in scope and revenue)
- To include, but not limited to, commercial companies who do business with USACE, NAVFAC, DoS etc.
- A “rolodex” to jumpstart business development discussions positioning Acuity’s capabilities
- Developing partner strategies to include JV’s to increase Acuity’s market placement
- Identify/drive the application of technology to create efficiencies, automation, and innovation
- Developing key strategic relationships with Technology OEM’s (Oracle Primavera, AutoDesk, others)
- Strong executive presence with an ability to build and manage effective client relationships, deliver outstanding client service, and engage with all stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement, creative problem-solving and increased efficiencies.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Sage and Primavera.
- Must be certified in EM-385 40-Hr certification
- Must be certified in USACE – Contractor Quality Management (CQM)
- LEED AP DB+C Certification
- LEAN Certification
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting is:
JANUS ESOP HOLDINGS LLC