Save time and apply now using our quick application!
First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop serving Loudoun County Fire!
First thingsFirst: Who are we
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic
- $26 - $28.50 / hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, full-time shift schedule, and consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- 11 Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Diesel Mechanic Position
Asa Diesel Mechanic with First Vehicle Services, you will help maintain and repair fire trucks, ambulances, and other equipment to ensure vehicle readiness & safety. Other major job duties include:
- Assist with preventive maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL while employed – We train!
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic’s toolset
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program. Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Virginia State inspection license is highly preferred
- EVT Certification is a plus!
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
Get your career on the road with FirstVehicle Services!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.