What are some of the benefits and perks of working at MathWorks
- 401(k) matching
- Quarterly profit-sharing plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Fitness and Recreation
- Wellness center
- Training and Development
- Relocation Assistance Provided
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More: https://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/resources/hybrid-model.html.
Do you want to shape the way leading wireless communication companies develop their systems using MATLAB and Simulink If so, come and join a multidisciplinary team of worldwide experts and contribute with your strengths to solve the technical and business challenges of our customers.
In this pre-sales, product specialist role, you will leverage your expertise and experience to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks tools for digital communication systems engineering. You will work with customers developing cutting edge wireless technologies that will include traditional communication systems, and will increasingly require use of artificial intelligence techniques (deep learning, machine learning). The key to your success will be your ability to build trusted relationships internally and with our customers. Your interpersonal skills, technical expertise, and motivation for continuous improvement will make you an excellent candidate for this position.
This position is based in Chevy Chase, MD. Expect to travel about 20-30% of the time.
MathWorks nurtures growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
The wireless communications & AI specialist AE will use his/her technical knowledge and presentation skills in activities that directly and indirectly boost product sales. These activities include:
Supporting & interacting directly with customers
The AE will use their product knowledge and industry experience to work with MathWorks customers in the Semiconductors, Communications, Aerospace, and Defense industries seeking to improve their development processes with MathWorks wireless solutions. Focusing on Wireless Communications (5G, SatCom, MilCom) and AI, the AE will work closely with customers on modeling and simulating their digital modems, and will look to integrate other subsystems such as RF front ends and antenna arrays.
Developing product “proof-of-concept” demonstrations
AEs build feature rich product demonstrations providing guidance to customers on how to use MathWorks software to develop and deploy systems that include baseband processing, RF and Analog-Mixed Signal circuitry, and antennas. These demonstrations are the proof that our software tools can solve complex, real-world problems.
The AE will use MATLAB, 5G Toolbox, Deep Learning, and other related toolboxes to:
- Design, analyze, and simulate models across diverse application areas with the main focus being on wireless communications
- Model digital communication algorithms (e.g. channel estimation, equalization, etc.), and include application of AI techniques where appropriate
- Include models of the RF propagation environment
- Create application examples that use MathWorks and third party tools to demonstrate workflows to customers.
Delivery of Seminars, Trade Show Presentations, and Publication of Articles
AEs are the key technical presenter at marketing seminars where they demonstrate our technology to audience members ranging from industry to academia. In addition, they develop and present to large audiences at industry trade shows. AEs may also publish articles in trade journals and engineering publications that highlight the best features of MathWorks RF solutions.
Collaborate with development to impact our products
AE will work closely with MathWorks product development to provide customer feedback, fill product feature gaps, and extend the current RF product offering.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent
- High motivation for working directly with customers
- 5+ years of experience in digital baseband communications (modem design, LTE, 5G, SatCom, MilCom, etc.)
- Knowledge of AI, deep learning, and machine learning, and strong desire to grow in this area
- Knowledge of commercial modem design and implementation workflows (from simulation to hardware implementation)
- MATLAB or Simulink experience
- Experience applying deep learning techniques to wireless communication problems (signal classification, channel estimation, autoencoding, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar deep learning frameworks
- Experience in a relevant technical industry (e.g. Aerospace, Communication/Electronics, Semiconductors)
- Experience in a customer facing role (Marketing, Application Engineering, Training, Tech Support, Sales)
- Knowledge of RF systems
- Antenna and Antenna Array Design
- Radar Systems
- Satellite Communications
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.