The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
The Project Manager role is based in Irving, TX, and reports directly to the VP/GM.
The Project Manager is responsible for working on projects at various Aggregate and Sand & Gravel plants in the Southwest Region with the ability to learn the business and drive projects to completion.
What you’ll get to do
• Manage projects from conceptual level all the way through commissioning.
• Work closely with plant management to identify plant improvements.
• Involve all levels of operations personnel in all phases of new projects to ensure functionality and promote buy-in.
• Build and lead multi-discipline team throughout project.
• Quantify benefits of changes.
• Develop cost/benefit model to calculate the economics of a project.
• Create clear Scope of Work for contractors to bid.
• Gather and compare contractor and Engineer’s estimates.
• Compile, present and defend AFE (Authorization for Expenditure).
• Develop accurate project budgets.
• Develop accurate project schedules.
• Kickoff and manage project execution to meet project budget and schedule.
• Oversee commissioning and handover of new equipment.
• Lead contractors in by following and promoting all company policies, safety, and environmental procedures.
Essential Experience and Skills
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project engineering.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil, Mechanical, Industrial, or Mining Engineering or Construction or Project Management or equivalent from an accredited institution preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership and ownership of assigned projects.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, total cost, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, angles, total quantities and volume.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to communicate clear and concise instructions in a professional manner.
• Ability to manage contractors.
• Demonstrated drive and initiative.
• Experience in Project Management highly preferred and will be considered.
• Experience in the following is highly preferred: AggQC, AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project.
• Experience with value engineering.
• Commitment and engagement through high level of work ethic and utilization of abilities for the best of the company.
• People management (i.e., management of subordinates’ performance and enabling teamwork).
• Demonstrated openness to change, flexibility, and adaptability.
• Entrepreneurial management (i.e., consideration of long-term risks and opportunities).
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Persuasion and negotiation skills.
• Sustainable management (i.e. compliance with laws and regulations).
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Project engineering, construction, and stone/aggregate/sand/gravel processing
• Experience with relevant systems and software such as AggQC and AutoCAD
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions