Information System Security Officer
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing team of information security experts as we transform, enhance, and expand the security program for one of the largest information technology providers in the world. You will join the United States Global Technology Operations (US GTO) Security Strategy and Solutions team supporting governance, risk, and compliance consulting services as well as security service delivery across one or more US-based industries.
The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of current security practices as well as the ability to identify and apply legal, regulatory, and industry-specific security requirements. You will help our clients define and deploy effective security solutions and strategies while addressing ever-changing regulatory and industry compliance challenges.
You must be able to collaborate with a variety of technical and management disciplines including infrastructure and security architecture, security operations, application development, project managers, product owners, and others.
This role can be located at any CGI office in the U.S.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Serve as a security subject matter expert for one or two US-based CGI industry sectors, such as finance, insurance, healthcare, energy, or state and local government.
• Understand whether and how to apply legal, regulatory, and industry-specific security requirements and practices, such those described under Required Qualifications.
• Analyze and design controls to secure on and off premise private, public, community, and hybrid cloud environments
• Participate in ongoing security-related activities in support of new or existing client contracts, including but not limited to assessing proposed application or infrastructure changes for security impacts, assisting with the development and maintenance of disaster recovery plans, and producing routine security status reports
• Coordinate and participate in the preparation of document packages for regulatory submissions from all areas of company as well as for internal and external audits and inspections. Potentially serve as point of contact for interactions with regulatory agencies for defined matters.
• Perform information security maturity assessments for clients, and assist clients in developing information security roadmaps/programs as required.
• Assess 3rd party cloud service providers for the client and industry standards compliance
• Analyze business activities and operations for risk. Identify areas of potential loss or damage and quantify impact. Implement and evaluate compliance with business risk-reduction policies, processes and standards.
• Assist in assessing and responding to public sector bid solicitations.
Travel between 25-50% of time.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Five years of experience related to information security, IT infrastructure, architecture, or applications.
• At least one industry recognized certifications in information security (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM, SANS/GIAC certifications, etc.)
• Three years of experience working with one or more legal, regulatory, and industry-specific security requirements, guidelines, and practices, such as:
o The NIST 800 series of Special Publications, including especially SP 800-53 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
o Payment Card Industry - Digital Security Standards (PCI-DSS)
o IRS Publication 1075
o Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) / Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH)
o Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM)
o Security, Trust & Assurance Registry (STAR)
o International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 2700x
o The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
o North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
o Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards
o Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), or
o Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
• Three years of experience delivering consulting services including interaction with executive or senior client management
• Three years of working in risk assessments, risk management, controls monitoring, controls audits.
• Three years of policy, procedures, standards, work instructions, report generation, and managing projects.
• Three years of experience with multiple, simultaneous vendor management
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Information Technology Experience Five Very Good
Security Requirements, Guidelines,
and Practices (One or More) Three Very Good
Consulting Services Delivery Three Very Good
Risk and Compliance Assessments Three Very Good
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience in the financial services and/or insurance industries
• Additional industry recognized certifications in information security (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM, SANS/GIAC certifications, etc.)
• Experience in information security testing (e.g., penetration testing, web application security assessments, vulnerability assessments and technical security assessments
• Secure SDLC, Agile, or DevOps experience
• Experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM)
• Experience in virtualized security environments
• Experience with security vendors providing cloud-based IAM, data protection, security monitoring, and security-related SaaS offerings
• Experience with Linux and Windows operating system administration
• Experience with application development
• Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Desire to work in an information systems environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent leadership and management skills
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Cloud Security Two Good
Linux/Windows System Administration Two Good
Secure Application Development Two Good
Identify and Access Management Two Good
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,000-$120,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and moreBuild your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Information technology
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Security Administration
- Identity and Access Mgt (IAM)